Sunday

August 1st, 1744

My friend Walter,

Captain Martine was correct that we planned to be in London by October, however I have been summoned to Dublin to testify in court regarding Abe McGovern's murder. I have been pegged as a witness, though I am unsure why. I did see Abe McGovern the day before his death but I doubt I have any useful information; our meeting was completely normal and he mentioned nothing that might have alarmed me. However I am a firm believer in Justice and Law, and I'm sure my part in this shall be revealed to me in due time.

So alas, it seems we shall miss each other. And I shall miss meeting your english flower, Marla. She sounds like a fine woman. Perhaps you could send me a sketch of her? You have always been a fine artist; I still have in my cabin the sketch you made of the shoreline of Lake Michigan when you were still a youth, eleven or twelve it must have been. 

Sincerely,
Captain Bosworth

No comments: