Saturday

JULY 14 1744

Dear Captain,

I was alarmed to read of your tumultuous journey to Bombay. I imagine the boy's were shaken to the bone. It makes me think of that dreaded night in the Bering strait. When we were in its narrowest passage(85Km i believe it was). However this event seems to take the cake! I pray that India is good to you and the crew. I'm sure you'll eat plenty of your favourite vindaloo with the aromatic joy of jasmine rice. Ahhh i can smell it in the moist air of the English coast.

Marla and i have since received permission from her family to court. We wander alot. The  orchards anxious to finally achieve their potential, and us anxious to receive their fruit. We can be found there, when it is nice out, reading to each other and studying the plants in and around the orchards.She is witty, lithe and skilled in needlework as well as the mandolin.

I often think that i am so lucky to have this person to share with. You know Bosworth, i think that's what this whole business of life is about. To share, to give and receive. 
I eagerly await the day when you two can meet. She shines.

I ran into Captain Martine at the butchers this Sunday past. He said he heard word that the Hannu was soon to port in Crete and then onto London? Is this correct?
If so then you should alert me as soon as possible. Marla and i shall take a ferry to London from Plymouth as it so beautiful this time of year. I have a cousin in Walthamstow who would be glad to have us for the weekend. We shall ride to town in a buggy and meet you. 
Listen to me planning for something i don't know is true yet. As you can see living on the land hasn't changed me that much.

This is where i shall say goodbye old friend.
May the winds be on your side

Best
Walter

No comments: