Friday

June 1st, 1744

Dearest Captain

I'm hoping this letter will meet you at the port of Bombay perhaps in the early part of June. I too regret having to leave my sea legs for a short time. As you know from the conversations we had on the bough of the Hannu I have had a strong need to find love and reproduce. This brings me to Marla. She is a raven haired lass from the lake district in northern England and has recently relocated to Plymouth to be with a sick aunt and be her aid. She also works part time in the post office sorting and sending. I have made several visits to the post office with not a thing to send, just so I can gaze upon her face. I plan on asking her aunt's permission to take her fair niece to a picnic this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Your Friend

Walter

No comments: